The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Adult/Dislocated Worker Program
Job Search and Career Counseling Services
TEC in partnership with WorkSource Oregon helps job seekers of all ages and experience with job-seeking services, including education and training. Most services are available at no cost, although some eligibility requirements may apply.
- How to target your job search
- How to use Oregon Employment Dept job referral system
- How to investigate labor market information, trends and current wages
- How to effectively complete an application and write a cover letter and resume
- How to use computers to write your resume and search online for jobs
- Computer skills and common business software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- What to expect in an interview and get tips on how to succeed
- Which jobs might be best suited to your skills and interests
- What employers in the area are looking for in an employee
- One-on-one career counseling
- Mock interviews
- Computers, printers, fax, copiers for job search and training
- Career assessments and workshops
- Info on training providers and financial aid
- Info on area resources
- Funding for training
Who Can Use Our Services?
Any job-seeking individual is eligible for most services. A current WorkSource registration with valid ID is required. Specific eligibility requirements may apply in some programs.
How to Get Started?
1. Register or update your WorkSource registration at iMatchSkills.org or visit your local WorkSource Office to use our computers for registration.
2. Visit your local WorkSource Office, bring a valid ID and complete a 10-minute "Welcome Process". No appointment necessary.
3. Access workshops, computer classes, printers, faxes, copiers, software and career counseling.